Monday, February 20, 2012

Winter Clothing Drive

We've had such bipolar weather here in DC, but in other parts of the world is has been unbearably cold... being Afghan, when I read this article from NYTimes  about 22 children dying in Refugee Camps in Afghanistan just from the cold made me want to help. I started a Clothing Drive just for close friends and family and the turn out was amazing! We raised over $750 and had over 100 boxes of new and gently used clothes. The Lamia Foundation helped us with the shipping and distribution of the clothes. Here are some pictures from the weekend. 

my garage packed with boxes 

everyone who helped!

Hopefully the next project is the School Supply Drive! 
-M

1 comment:

  1. Hi - very cute site! I wish you the best in your blogging adventures!

    Come have a look at mine! Join if ya like :)
    www.fallwith.us

    ReplyDelete