Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring is Here=Eat More Lamb!

I’m trying to spend less time and less money on food. I am at (or give myself reasons to go) the grocery store almost every day. I need to tone down my illusions of grandeur when it comes to my weeknight meals. Recently, I’ve been make big pot meals to sustain my weekly eating: one pot for lunch and one for dinner. Pasta usually does the trick, particularly pasta + a meat-based sauce —I had leftovers for the entire week and some! I recently made this lamb penne dish which came out oh.so.good. and comforting and satisfying. The cinnamon works well with the lamb so don’t be put off by adding less than 2 tspns! I also suggest really browning the onions and parsnips (crunchy, raw parsnips are no bueno). I was rather ambitious that night, so I made some healthy-ish banana bread to bring into work. Some of this may sound too rich to be eating during the spring but it’s just right for these fluctuating temps!


--T

No comments:

Post a Comment