Thursday, July 19, 2012

Stuffed Bell Peppers


Sorry for the lack of posts from us, its been a bit hectic for us these days, and things are finally starting to settle down.  I'm getting back to my weekly routines and schedules which includes grocery shopping, cleaning, etc.  During my Sunday grocery day at Whole Foods, I decided to pick up some green bell peppers to make stuffed bell peppers which is also called "dolma" in farsi.  I found this recipe, but I didn't really follow it completely because I have watched my mom make "dolma" a few times, so I just mixed methods and ingredients from both recipes.  One major thing that I swapped was brown rice for white rice.  T told me about Uncle Ben's stove top brown rice, and I decided to experiment with it in this recipe.  The end result was pretty good!  To make it even healthier next time, I may substitute ground turkey for ground beef.   


                                                                           -A

No comments:

Post a Comment