Monday, March 5, 2012

Dinner and a Movie*

Friday nights are critical for the typical 40+ hour/week DC gal. You really can do anything depending on how your work week went. For example, happy hour for the socially deprived girl which turns into an all-night bender, obvi, date night for the QT deprived girl (with your boo or your closest friends—it’s still considered a date OK!) or opting to stay in and turn into the couch potato you were always destined to be for the sleep deprived girl. I chose option C. I had a hankering for pizza so I made a post-work trip to the grocery store (AKA the geriatric Giant) for my ingrediencess (Thanks Tre!). My new pizza obsession is now the white pie, especially “The Slam” from Comet Ping Pong , so going that route was a no-brainer.

Adaptable, Semi-White Pizza

Olive Oil

1 roll of Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough (that’s all the store had and it’s completely fine)

1 small eggplant, thinly sliced

I small red onion, thinly sliced

Part skim ricotta

Part skim shredded mozzarella

Spinach leaves, roughly chopped

  • Preheat your broiled. Spray some layered aluminum with oil. Place eggplant slices on top and drizzle w/ olive oil. I added some cumin, salt and pepper, but you can spice it anyway you like. Pop them in the broiler for 5 min or until they are lightly browned on top.

  • After eggplant is done, place sliced onions in the broiler for 5 min.

  • Roll out your dough on oiled pan. Pillsbury calls for baking their dough for 5 minutes before adding the toppings.

  • I had some marinara sauce, as in 2 tablespoons worth, so I spread that first--hence the semi-white. Add your dollops of ricotta (as much as you want), then top with the mozzarella. Add your cooked eggplant, red onion and spinach. Bake in the oven for 10-15 min…AND EAT!

*My dinner and a movie was really just pizza and my usual Friday dates with Joshua Jackson (Fringe) and Dave Giuntuli (Grimm). Don’t judge.

--T




No comments:

Post a Comment