Wednesday, May 23, 2012

DIY Butterfly Wall Art via Gossip Girl

DIYing is what I do best! and when I walked into my little sisters room one day and saw her DIY attempt, I felt she needed an intervention. She was trying to duplicate the butterfly wall art as seen on Gossip Girl by Paul Villnski, but she didn't really execute it as well so I had to step in. I found out that its actually pretty easy, cheap and fast. 

Supplies:
1. Scrapbook Paper 
2. A hole punch (at least 2in wide)
3. Craft Tack (any brand but I prefer Aleene's)

The inspiration...
1. Punch out butterflies
2. Fold butterflies and add some tacky to the back fold
3. Start designing! If you want a circle in the middle like I did, trace on the wall with a pencil and start to scatter them further apart as you go out. 

before and after! 

-M


No comments:

Post a Comment