Friday, May 25, 2012

Homemade Iced Chai Latte

I love me some Starbucks especially on weekends.  But sometimes going to Starbucks every week can leave your wallet a bit empty with their 4 dollar drinks (and that's for the tall size).  I read some reviews on Chai Latte Concentrates and I decided to give it a try.  I went to my local wholefoods and they had to brands, Oregon Chai Latte Concentrate and Tazo Chai Tea Latte Concentrate.  I decided to try the Oregon brand because they had one that was "slightly sweet" with only 7 grams of sugar per serving.  The directions say to put equal parts of the concentrate and milk, so I did 1/2 cup of each and then poured over a cup of ice.  The result was pretty delicious.  It wasn't totally the same as what you would buy at Starbucks, but it was pretty darn close.  Next time I think I would add a little bit more concentrate and less milk to give it a stronger Chai flavor.  Wishing everyone a great Memorial Day weekend!



-A

No comments:

Post a Comment