Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Doughnuts

After seeing one of my favorite bloggers make homemade doughnuts with her sunbeam doughnut maker , I knew I had to get one.  So I finally went to Target and found the exact same one, and I couldn't wait to start making fresh homemade doughnuts.  I found this recipe for homemade blueberry doughnuts with an orange glaze, and I knew this had to be the first recipe I would test out.  I promised myself that if I bought this doughnut maker, I would only bake it to share with others and only try to eat one (maybe two).  So I woke up early this morning before work to start baking.  The ingredients are pretty simple and prep time doesn't take long either.  The only thing that you have to wait for is the doughnuts baking because there are only 5 doughnut spaces and it take about 6-7 minutes per batch to bake, and this recipe yields about 4 batches.  Overall the doughnuts were pretty good and tasted very fresh and light.  I can't wait to experiment with different flavors and decorations.  Happy Friday!




-A

1 comment:

  1. i've been wanting to try my own homemade doughnuts. Adding blueberries sounds pretty genius...

    ReplyDelete